• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

I'm sold.

battlefield3jut8.gif
b3planeauy7.gif
b3shootingluu6.gif

I'm currently reuploading ALL my GIFs as I've redone them with the 60FPS trailer as the source, standby... also adding new ones as well.

Mr. Snrub, I'm reuploading with min.us now

they have an option where they link an image thumbnail of the first frame to teh actual GIF when you click. that way the page wont take forever to load but you click to show the image offsite....

what do you think, use that method or the classic raw image link?

CLICK TO SEE THE ACTION

LordCanti

The footage in this trailer makes the alpha we played look like broiled dog shit by comparison.

I've gone through three boxes of Kleenex already.

Sethos

Banned
Cuban Legend, not sure how you make GIFs but you should remove the dither, not only does it take up more space but it also looks horrible.

Also think I need to look into min.us, the 5mb limit on imgur is murder.

Sethos said:
Cuban Legend, not sure how you make GIFs but you should remove the dither, not only does it take up more space but it also looks horrible.

Also think I need to look into min.us, the 5mb limit on imgur is murder.
I make them with camtasia studio 7, would you prefer I turned dither off? I'll try out your recommendation, kind sir.

I love abload but for these GIFs I passed the 10mb limit on abload... so its what brought me to MIN.US

mr_nothin

Banned
LordCanti said:
The footage in this trailer makes the alpha we played look like broiled dog shit by comparison.

I've gone through three boxes of Kleenex already.
As EPIC and amazing as the alpha was....I agree with your statement.
I cannot begin to imagine how it will be with full 64 players/jets/helicopters/tanks/lavs and huge maps.
D:

Sethos

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
I make them with camtasia studio 7, would you prefer I turned dither off? I'll try out your recommendation, kind sir.

I love abload but for these GIFs I passed the 10mb limit on abload... so its what brought me to MIN.US

Obviously the dither is an opinion matter, here's one I just did without the dither as an example, you be the judge;

ibIa8sbYt.gif

LordCanti

Sethos said:
Obviously the dither is an opinion matter, here's one I just did without the dither as an example, you be the judge;

I was just about to make a GIF of that. My mind was blown when I saw that in the trailer.

(They do need to add an "AWW shit, I got stabbed! This really hurts!" look to the guys face though. There's still time.)

Bit-Bit

That 64 player video looks beyond amazing. I'm going to have to trade in my Recon style of play for a Jet Fighter License.

I'm on your six, bitch.

Sethos said:

http://i.min.us/ibIa8sbYt.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
I tried it out on that same GIF, and it worked out great. lessened the filesize too, thanks.

[IMG]http://i.min.us/idVtMPxEc.gif
(look at my GIF post above,updated it).

Keasar

Just 9 maps? Was hoping for a few more, but damn thats alot of weapons. :eek:
Also, 60 mm mortar? Awesome. :D
SOFLAM? As in the laser designator binoculars? Problably recon artillery then.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Genesis Knight said:
I've never really got why there isn't more blood in Battlefield? Especially for a close in knife kill, no blood?
Because it was a T rated franchise until Bad Company. I'm guessing the language earned it an M this time.

LQX

Sethos said:

ibIa8sbYt.gif
It's as if he was dead before he was even stabbed. No emotion at all.

daedalius

So... does that mean that PC is always going to be playing 64 player conquest?

Hmmm, not exactly my favorite; I tended to avoid those in BF2.

Loxley

SapientWolf said:
Because it was a T rated franchise until Bad Company. I'm guessing the language earned it an M this time.

Yep, Bad Company 2 was the first Battlefield game to have any blood at all, not even BC1 had it.

My guess is, there's no blood in the knife kill because it's simply alpha footage, and it's not exactly a high priority at the moment. I remember DICE changing/updating the blood visuals in BC2 from the beta to the final release, so I wouldn't be surprised if it will be in the final build.

I forgot to pre-order.

I was going to take advantage of that sweet origin deal. But I just bought two of the games on the list last week. Is any retailer selling the pre-order w/ a cash discount?

LordCanti

The_Inquisitor said:
I forgot to pre-order.

I was going to take advantage of that sweet origin deal. But I just bought two of the games on the list last week. Is any retailer selling the pre-order w/ a cash discount?

Direct 2 Drive was at $53 last I checked. Not sure if they still are.

Edit: $54 now. Not sure if they were ever 53 even, or if it was always $53.95 or whatever.

Either way, six bucks.

Look at how much money BLOPS map packs did. Ungodly amount. I'm sure there will be at least 3 different map packs for BF3. That's how companies roll nowadays.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Confidence Man said:
That's what happens when you have to accommodate Rush mode. But don't worry, you'll be able to buy new Conquest maps as DLC!
I don't think it's a confidence game, Confidence Man.

Kyaw

Also this is in response to a question about jet immobilisation:

''I got afterburners taken out with a missile, and then steering went to crap after getting hit by bullets. Epic landing ensued :)''

Binabik15

MDavis360 said:
Stingers and Javelins?

So long Air Support. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAA.

Seriously, I might sound bitter, but I´ll relish every single attack helicoptre I take down. Revenge, bitches. You cost me too many tracer darts and rpg 7 rockets already!

Maybe I´ll top my 8 choppers in a single round, but those were only Blackhawks on Isla Innoentes.

I said it before, but stabbing/shooting people up close with really realistic faces and animations is becoming very uncomfortable. In a few years I won´t be able to play shooters, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom