• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arucardo

Tallshortman said:
MP footage shits on Alpha graphically/visually speaking. Pretty much confirmed how early a build alpha was.
That trailer is also alpha footage. The aplha build that me and other people got to play wasn't "that" early (basically the one that was playable at E3) and it had a bunch of locked graphics options.

ChiefKief

Banned
Binabik15 said:
I said it before, but stabbing/shooting people up close with really realistic faces and animations is becoming very uncomfortable. In a few years I won´t be able to play shooters, I think.

lawllololawl, you big puss :p

belvedere

Junior Butler
Souljiro said:
Wtf two different versions the heck does that mean?! I though with conquest you picked map size and number of players you wanted. This better not mean only certain maps are going to be 64 only.

I'm assuming there are Rush/Conquest sized maps, then the special, large Conquest 64 sized versions of maps.

Souljiro said:
Wtf two different versions the heck does that mean?! I though with conquest you picked map size and number of players you wanted. This better not mean only certain maps are going to be 64 only.

That's almost certainly what it means. My guess is that regular conquest will take place on smaller maps that host any gametype (like BC2), with only a few dedicated large-scale 64 player maps.

In other words, PC gamers screwed by consoles again.

LordCanti

luiztfc said:
Is pre-ordering from Origin my best option? I mean, in terms of bonuses, maps and etc?

Pretty much. If you don't care about the weapons pack (which is like...an LMG, early access to an auto-shotty, and a suppressor or something) or early access to the beta, you can pretty much pre-order anywhere and get the Karkand expansion.

Mr. Snrub said:
I think they said that Rush is limited to 32 players.

Yeah, I was going to say that it didn't sound plausible for them to cram 64 players on a map like that.

Sethos

Banned
LordCanti said:
(They do need to add an "AWW shit, I got stabbed! This really hurts!" look to the guys face though. There's still time.)

You are right my good man, I tried to add some, hopefully DICE takes notice;

g8YEb.gif

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
LordCanti said:
I just saw the co-op trailer...

Dat DOF! Dat bokeh!

Dat....dudebro dialogue.

I can live wit dat...
In the co-op PS3 footage? I wish I could see it but I'm stuck on my phone. Was motion blur in? Did it have any tearing?

Souljiro

TacticalFox88 said:
Well, EA can sit on their asses for awhile. I can't think of a way BF4 can top BF3 unless it's graphics and MAG number of players

They could always do battlefield 3124 (2142) but that would be years off from now.

Miggytronz

RoboPlato said:
In the co-op PS3 footage? I wish I could see it but I'm stuck on my phone. Was motion blur in? Did it have any tearing?

There is no HD version of it yet so id wait before you hear comments, the feed was quite shitty.

LordCanti

I should clarify: I'm talking about the standalone screenshots that they released, from the same area that the co-op demo took place.

I don't know why I said trailer.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
JackEtc said:
I think that may have been the stream itself.

no, BF games are infamous for their tearing on consoles. I asked repi on twitter once and he replied that they saved memory on that.

what the hell, my ps3 can't even run that 1080p 60 fps trailer properly :(
audio out of sync
btw games looks amazing, can't wait for thursday

Kyaw

LordCanti said:
I'm expecting a lot of this:

"I crashed the jet, again! These controls are bullshit!"

I want a dev to be playing and they should be showing us that footage.

Hell, if they are having 32 show floor people vs 32 DICE people, why can't they just show us the DICE people's footage... much better environment for showing live footage...

Animator said:
Hopefully it is more gameplay and less MA MAN

psyduck.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom